I am the son of Faith Bob and the Late Bernard Bob.
I have lived on the Kahkewistahaw First Nation all my life, except the time spent to further my education past the Grade 12 level. I attended 3 years of University at the University of Regina. It was in the last year of my Sports Administration program, I was asked to run for Council.
firmly believe in our cultural ways and always respect people on their personal choices. Throughout my years of sports involvement, have coached our youth in soccer, hockey and volleyball.
Terms elected to council:
- May 1993-1995, May 1995-1997, May 1999-2001,
- May 2001-2003, May 2003-2005, May 2007-2009,
- May 2009-2011, May 2011—2014, May 2014-2017
- May 2017 -2020 (Current Term)
Throughout my years of service to the Kahkewistahaw First Nation, I have seen considerable change in how our First Nation has developed and progressed. When I first started in Council, the Kahkewistahaw First Nation had very limited funds for extra programming and services to the membership. Throughout the years and through planning and financial management, Kahkewistahaw has gradually added to the services and programming due to more available monies through land claims and economic development.
Michael’s current portfolio assignments include:
- Housing, Operations & Maintenance, and Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Lands & Resources
- Share these portfolios with all other Council – Administration & Finance, Economic Development, Governance and Treaty Protection