The Kahkewistahaw First Nation Human Resource (HR) office is supported through the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Employment Policy and Procedures Manual to ensure that all staff members are treated in a fair and equitable manner while increasing capacity development to ensure policy is:
Implemented, adhered to and supported to ensure continuous growth and sustainability.
The Human Resource office is here to:
- help to define jobs,
- provide a motivational environment,
- communicate policies,
- comply with legal requirements,
- appraise performance,
- interview (and select) candidates,
- train / coach; and,
- develop employees.
KFN Employment Policy and Procedures Manual currently adheres to the one dated, March 28, 2011. We are excited to begin implementing an updated version that has been reviewed and updated. Once it has been shared with staff for their review and feedback, it will be ready for implementation.
Human Resource managements focus is on the policies, practices and systems that influence employees’ behaviour, attitude and performance. The KFN HR office ensures:
- The recruitment and selection process is done in a fair manner to ensure that we are looking for qualified applicants.
- Striving to ensure excellence.
- We will do this by conducting performance management reviews with employees in a timely manner.
- Ensuring we are in compliance with legislation.
In closing, in reference to the Community Plan, the HR office is committed to playing an integral role in helping to make a difference in this growing community. This will be supported with passion, ingenuity and imagination to continuously support band and community members who are inspired and fueled by pride and hope. We want to continue to enhance and improve upon our communication processes and value any feedback from members.