Welcome to the Sports Department, here on Kahkewistahaw First Nation we strive for youth involvement in recreational sports activities and teach positive sportsmanship in our youth.
- Minor sporting teams (Hockey, Softball, etc.)
- Coordinating local sporting events.
- Coordinating teams for gaming events such as but not limited to N.A.I.G.
- Partnership with local communities.
- Serving Children and Youth ranging from 5 to 18 years of age.
In the future, we wish to strive to assist and partner with Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School to expand its school athletic programs and continue to seek support from other athletic services to expand our Sports Program.
We aim to seek programming and community events orientating for Children and their Families. We share a partnership with Chief and Council for parents to attend with their children or find appropriate chaperons on any outings.
Outings and Events such as, but not limited to:
- Twilight Drive-In movie theater
- Gaming events (CFL,WHL, etc)
- Community Gatherings (feasts, etc.)
- Fairs, attending exhibitions (Yorkton, Regina, Saskatoon, etc.)
We strive to continue to provide family orientated events and outings. We welcome all families of the Kahkewistahaw First Nation membership to participate. If you have any questions or need further information feel free to contact the Recreation Department.
- Councillor Cory Alexson
- Galer Sparvier
- Sara McKay
- Clinton Bobb
- April Bear
- Community Sports Assistant
Phone: (306) 696-3291
- Community Sports Coordinator
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. 262