Financial Assistance for Kahkewistahaw band members (youth and adults) under the Sports, Culture & Recreation Program.
The Kahkewistahaw First Nation Sports, Culture and Recreation Policy has now been ratified by Chief and Council. The financial assistance will be payable per fiscal year (April 1st to March 31st) and will start November 1st, 2019. The following criteria applies:
- Band member youth (under 18 years) are eligible to receive financial assistance for their sports and cultural requirements to a maximum of $500 per year.
- Band member adults (19 years and over) are eligible to receive up to $250 per year for their sports and cultural requirements.
- All financial assistance requests must be made by completely filling in the application form. The completed forms can be faxed to (306) 696-3201 or emailed to email@example.com. You can request a copy of the application form to be emailed, mailed, faxed or can pick it up at the band office; it is also available below on this page (www.kfn72.com).
- You must provide proof of membership by submitting your Treaty card or letter from the Kahkewistahaw Membership Clerk.
- If you have already received assistance prior to the ratified policy, you must provide receipts and/or proof of expenditures to access any additional assistance. PROVIDE RECEIPTS!
- Financial assistance will be as follows:
- Cheque will be made payable to the organization; or
- In the case of reimbursement, a cheque will be made to the applicant upon submission of a current receipt (within 2 weeks of purchase).
- Eligible payments include:
- Sports equipment
- Pow-wow regalia
- Registration fees (camp, league, dance classes)
- Applying for financial assistance does not guarantee approval.
We offer community and recreation programming for all community members (on and off-reserve) and encourage active participate from all members, including parents, grantparents and families.
Outings and Events such as, but not limited to:
- Twilight Drive-In movie theater
- Sporting events (Yorkton Terriors, Melville Millionnaires, Regina Pats, Ochapowace Thunder, Saskatchewan Roughriders, Saskatchewan Rush)
- Community Gatherings (feasts, etc.)
- Monthly game nights (board games, cards)
- Movie nights
- Family swimming (passes available)
- Off-reserve excursions
- Golfing (Last Oak Golf Course)
- Fairs, exhibitions (Yorkton, Regina, Saskatoon, etc.)
We strive to continue to provide family orientated events and outings. We welcome all families of the Kahkewistahaw First Nation membership to participate. If you have any questions or need further information feel free to contact the Recreation Department.
- Councillor Cory Alexson
- Galer Sparvier
- Sara McKay
- Clinton Bobb
- April Bear
- Wayne Louison, Sr.
- Community Sports Assistant
Phone: (306) 696-3291, Ext. 265
- Community Sports Coordinator
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. 267