The Kahkewistahaw First Nation Income Assistance Program follows the Income Assistance AANDC Policy effective August 1, 2014. The Income Assistance Programs provides financial needs to those whom reside on Kahkewistahaw First Nation.
Enhanced Service Delivery (ESD)
18 – 24 years of Age,
Residing on-reserve within Yorkton Tribal Council Jurisdiction, and
In receipt of Federal Income Assistance.
About Enhanced Services Delivery (ESD)
ESD programming includes any training or client support that removes barriers for ESD clients to become either, employed, or enter into an education/training program through either First Nations Job Fund, Labor Force Development, Post – Secondary or other means of Training Support. ESD Has identified a number of client supports that are available for ESD Clients to access:
- Adult upgrading -ABE 10/12 & GED 12.
- Lifeskills/Workplace Essentials Programming (WESS)
- Safety Tickets – client(s) must have identified this in their MAP and show direct link to employment.
- Drivers License – 6/6 driver training
- DWI – Driving while impaired
- Pardons – regarding criminal chargers, the initial fee which would support the clients fee for applying for a pardon.
- Emergency funds regarding job interviews
- Emergency funds regarding childcare support.
Please feel free to contact the Income support working regarding questions about the above-mentioned programs.
Vera Wasacase, Income Assistance Administrator
Kylie Bobb, Income Assistance Support
Phone: (306) 696-3291 ext. 253
Fax: (306) 696-3201