Position: Administration Receptionist
Classification: Term, Current – May 15, 2021
Salary: Based on Qualifications
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Receptionist is a support position to the staff members at the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Administration Centre. He/she will be supervised by the Human Resource Manager with an overall accountability to the Chief & Council. The Receptionist will provide clerical support to the Administration Staff and Chief & Council. He/she will be responsible for directing incoming and outgoing calls and taking messages for the appropriate staff or Chief & Council, but not limited to. Record and distribute incoming mail to the appropriate department and staff. Responsible for staff itineraries, ordering office supplies and responding to band member requests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the phone is answered in an efficient, timely manner and directing incoming and outgoing calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for taking messages, documenting them properly and ensuring that messages are distributed accordingly.
- Responsible for recording staff itineraries on the white board.
- Recording all incoming mail and distributing to the appropriate department or staff member.
- Prepare all outgoing mail and ensuring that mail is stamped accordingly.
- Must record incoming and outgoing faxes and distribute to staff and Chief & Council.
- Coordinate bulletin board and ensuring information is in an organized manner on a weekly basis.
- Receiving and ordering supplies, recording inventory and distribution of the same.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Possess a Grade 12 or equivalent with two (2) years of practical experience but not necessary.
- Possess considerable knowledge of effective office procedures and techniques; in particular, file management and data processing.
- Must possess the basic computer knowledge and experience with software programs such as word, excel, power point, email and database programs.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment such as the photocopier, fax machine and phone system.
- Knowledge of the day-to-day operations of the administration offices.
- Must have excellent communication skill to deal with the public, membership, external agencies and Chief & Council.
- Have the ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent organization skills; be punctual, reliable and dependable.
- Ensuring that all personal and band business remain confidential.
- Submit an updated criminal records check.
- Possess a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license will be an asset.
- Submit three (3) references along with updated resume.
- Provide a drug screen result within one month if chosen as the successful candidate.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
SUBMIT TO: Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
*Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview.