POSITION: BAND HOUSING & CMHC HOUSING RENOVATOR
WAGE RANGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Housing Director and accountable to the Chief and Council, the Band Housing and CMHC Housing Renovator will perform a variety of tasks related to renovations for the Kahkewistahaw 200+ housing units. Under the general guidance of the Housing Director, the Renovator will address housing work orders to various units daily.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct small repairs and renovations to all housing units. Work orders that require professionals to conduct the work must be reported back to the Housing Administrative Assistant for follow up with the Housing Director.
- Pay close attention to detail with safety being a priority at all times.
- Have a understanding of good client relations.
- Have a willingness to learn new skills.
- Assist with cleaning and preparing job sites when requested while working in an efficient manner.
- Loading and delivering materials and appliances.
- Removing debris from sites and using a variety of tools and machines such as power drills, levels, lifts, saws, grinders, pressure washers, etc.
- May from time to time work with the Operations and Maintenance department;
- Other duties as assigned from Immediate Supervisor.
- Should have a grade twelve (12) diploma or equivalent, related experience and/or a combination of training and education would be an asset.
- Must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination and endurance.
- Possess the ability to understand and communicate information.
- Fast learner and adaptable.
- Willingness to take direction and follow directions.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Be well organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable truck would be an asset.
- Submit an updated criminal records check.
- Provide an updated resume and three references.
- Provide a drug screening result if selected as the successful applicant.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 @ 4:30 PM
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O Box 609, Broadview, SK, S0G 0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview. Please ensure you submit all required documentation.