Position: CKCS Office Manager and Facilities Supervisor
Classification: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School
Salary: Based On Qualifications
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The CKCS Office Manager and Facilities Supervisor for Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School is a support position that works directly with the Principal and is under the daily supervision of the Principal and accountable to the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Chief & Council. He/she will also provide support to the school and carry out professional administrative duties, as well as supervisory responsibilities of the school office, administration staff, liaison worker, nutrition program staff, facility maintenance staff and janitorial staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and perform probationary and annual evaluations for staff.
- Be able to use a computer and produce weekly written reports.
- Be able to communicate effectively with students, staff, parents and community members.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and possess excellent time management skills.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Work with the Finance department to ensure Indigenous Services Corporation (ISC) reports are completed.
- Work with the Student Liaison Worker to ensure nominal reports are sent in and work with the Finance department to ensure that the report is submitted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored.
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
- Ensure top performance of staff by providing them with adequate coaching and guidance.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- A Degree or Diploma in Business Administration from a recognized College/University with 3 years’ work experience or an equivalent position.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful operation of the facility and supervision of the facility staff.
- Responsible for ensuring a successful nutrition program and supervision of nutrition program staff.
- Responsible for ensuring a successful school liaison program and supervision of school liaison staff.
- Possess the ability to take direction from Principal, work with minimal supervision and have the ability to take initiative and leadership in ensuring a successful school team environment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle.
- Must provide 3 (three) current written references along with resume.
- Submit a current updated criminal records check (CPIC).
- Must provide a drug screening test if selected for the position.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
SUBMIT TO: Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
*Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview.