Position: Communications & Information Management Technologist
Classification: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: To Commensurate Based On Qualifications
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Kahkewistahaw First Nation is seeking a highly enthusiastic, dynamic and committed individual to fill the position of Communications & Information Management Technologist. The successful applicant will be under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations with an overall accountability to the Kahkewistahaw Chief and Council. The Communications & Information Management Technologist will be responsible for publications dealing with all programs given by Program Managers and assisting with the Kahkewistahaw Website. The Communications & Information Management Technologist will also monitor and maintain the First Nations computer systems, install and configure hardware and software, and solve technical problems and provide IT support to ensure the Nation runs smoothly.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a communications strategy that includes media outreach and social media content.
- Coordinate external and internal communications flow (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Develop an organizational portfolio for Kahkewistahaw, in collaboration with Chief, Council and respective departments.
- Work with the Human Resources Department to monitor (set up, delete, maintain) emails for Kahkewistahaw Staff, Chief & Council.
- Maintain, update the official Kahkewistahaw First Nation website, Facebook, Linked-In, Twitter sites on an ongoing basis.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Operations regarding the website content.
- Draft, develop and ensure publication of the Kahkewistahaw Annual Report.
- Draft, develop and publicize the quarterly newsletters.
Information Management Technologist
- Install/configure and maintain computer hardware, operating systems, software, printers and scanners and other electronic equipment.
- Perform and assist basic network component installations, operations and maintenance.
- Install and maintain office computer and electronic equipment.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and provide general technical support to Kahkewistahaw offices.
- Provide diagnosis and trouble shooting (help desk) services and on-site technical maintenance and support for all office computers, including parts, anti-virus, etc.
- Provide training, orientation and guidance to users on the operation of new software and computer/electronic equipment.
- Ensure effective functioning and performance of Kahkewistahaw services and related software.
- Internally and externally safeguard access to the information technology systems.
- Kahkewistahaw First Nation website maintenance.
- Respond, in a timely manner, to service issues.
- Repair and replace electronic equipment as necessary.
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and maintenance schedule of office computers.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages; replacing equipment upon approval by the Director of Operations.
- Maintain close liaison with departments to ensure maximum support and cooperation.
- Assist in the development of computer systems policies
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Computer and technology knowledge of, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, internet, emails, electronic presentations.
- Computer technician certification preferred.
- Network and server knowledge.
- Strong customer service with an ability to work with all levels of staff to build positive relationships.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and organizational abilities.
- Positive attitude, dependable and flexible.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Must have CPR and First Aid.
- Submit a Current Criminal Records Check with resume.
- Submit three (3) current written references with resume and cover letter.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
SUBMIT TO: Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
*Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview.