POSITION: COMMUNITY HEALTH REPRESENTATIVE (TRAINEE)
DEPARTMENT: HEALTH DEPARTMENT
WAGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Community Health Representative (Trainee) will be under the immediate supervision of the Health Director with an overall accountability to Kahkewistahaw First Nation Chief & Council. The Community Health Representative (Trainee) is responsible for promotion, coordination and public health education activities on behalf of the Kahkewistahaw Health Department. The Community Health Representative (Trainee) will be responsible for Health Liaison activities between community members, affiliated health programs and other health professionals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Provide education that is focused on Maternal Child Health, the Child Oral Health Initiative and Jordan’s Principle.
- Responsible for making home visits in the community.
- Responsible for advising community members regarding community health programs and referring according to client need or interest.
- Responsible for assisting the health team in the planning and delivery of quality health services, consistent with the Health Committee objectives.
- Responsible for providing health education services to the student and teachers of the Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School, Alice Francis Daycare and Headstart.
- Ensure the health services programs are consistent with community health plan and existing policies.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Possess the required FNIHB Community Health Representative accreditation as delivered through the Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies and/or equivalent accredited training.
- Possess CPR/First Aide and Safe Food Handling certifications and maintain accreditation throughout the term of employment.
- Have the skills to operate a computer with MS Office applications, working knowledge of database management, and statistical data analysis.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to function as a team member.
- Have excellent communication skills, written and oral, and must be able to function with a monthly reporting schedule.
- Possess the ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and be sensitive to the health issues of the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Community.
- Be punctual, dependable, reliable and committed to improving the quality of life for Kahkewistahaw First Nation community members.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle and promote community wellness.
- Possess the ability to maintain the management of confidential information, in a manner that protects the rights of the individual client.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, dependable vehicle, and meet insurability requirements to operate band owned vehicles.
- Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality on a yearly basis.
- Submit a pre-employment drug screen if selected for the position and an updated criminal records check prior to the commencement of employment.
Friday, May 15, 2020 @ 3:00 p.m.
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609
BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201