Position: Grant Writer/Policy Technician
Classification: Permanent, Full-Time
Wage: Salary to Commensurate with Qualifications
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Kahkewistahaw First Nation is seeking a highly enthusiastic, dynamic and committed individual to fill the position of Grant Writer/Policy Technician. The successful applicant will work in collaboration with Program Managers and be under the direction and supervision of the Director of Operations with an overall accountability to the Kahkewistahaw Chief and Council. The Grant Writer/Policy Technician will be responsible for grant writing and policy development or enhancement of policies within the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regular reporting to Chief and Council, Director of Operations, Program Managers, groups and organizations involved in the projects.
- Under general supervision, develop and submit large and multi-collaborative grant proposals to a wide range of funding agencies and organizations, including both public and private external entities.
- Track and coordinate participation in ongoing large funding opportunities, support and collaborate with the Director of Operations and Chief and Council to formulate and submit large grant proposals in collaboration with a variety of departments and programs. Track reporting schedules, write and edit, and produce grant progress and final reports.
- Work closely with finance team to ensure proper fiscal grant management.
- Research, identify, develop and apply for grant opportunities to meet the objectives of the plan.
- Develop a comprehensive plan and prioritized plan of Kahkewistahaw First Nation’s funding requirements based on input from Chief and Council, Director of Operations and appropriate stakeholders.
- Research and identify grant opportunities relevant to the communities’ needs, and maintain a calendar of submission deadlines and other important milestones.
- Prepare and submit grant applications in a timely and efficient manner and maintain accurate records of grant applications.
- Compile all existing plans, projects and policies and organize them to compliment the comprehensive plan.
- Work closely with Portfolio Councillors, Program Managers and Committees to organize, proofread and edit policy development.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Immediate Supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in business administration or related discipline.
- 2 years of progressive responsibility or related experience in proposal development and project management.
- Experience writing and coordinating private grant proposals with multiple collaborators for a variety of funding sources.
- Experience writing/editing, developing and proofreading policies.
- Organizational and time management skills to coordinate projects and people, prioritize and track multiple projects simultaneously, and meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in writing, submitting and procuring grants.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) to effectively deal with Chief and Council, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team member.
- Have strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated experience in taking initiative to address challenges or realize opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize and multi-task.
- Submit a current Criminal Records Check.
- Submit a drug screening test if selected for the position.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Submit three (3) written references with an updated resume.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
SUBMIT TO: Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
*Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview.