DEADLINE: Friday, September 25, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
POSITION: Housing Carpenter Maintenance Worker
CLASSIFICATION: Permanent Full-Time
SALARY: Based on Qualifications
Kahkewistahaw, located in Southeastern Saskatchewan, is a progressive Nation with a quality educational system, community safety oriented and well-being organization that is successful and professional with a strong economic base and a proficient governance system. Our housing department is looking to build safe quality housing for our members, at minimum code standards.
Primary Purpose: The Housing carpenter will perform a variety of tasks for Kahkewistahaw department on the existing housing units. Under the guidance of the Housing Coordinator, this employee will address housing work orders to various units daily.
Job Summary: The duties may include cleaning and preparing a job site, loading and delivering materials and appliances, removing debris from sites using a variety of tools and machines such as power drills, levels, lifts, saws, grinders, pressure washers, etc. They will also assist the Operations and Maintenance department at times.
A probationary evaluation of three (3) months for new employees and annual upon anniversary date of employment
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination and endurance.
- Ability to understand and communicate information.
- Fast learner.
- Take direction well.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to start immediately.
- Applicants are encouraged have a grade 12 diploma or equivalent, but not necessary and/or equivalent work experience,
- Be well organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle would be an asset.
- Submit an updated criminal records check with resume and three references.
- Provide a drug screening result if selected as the successful applicant.
Human Resource Manager Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609
BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
Please ensure you have all the required documentation to support your application for employment.