DEADLINE: Friday, September 18, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
POSITION: Housing Renovator Assistants – Six (6) Positions
DEPARTMENT: Housing Department
CLASSIFICATION: Term – 26 Weeks
SALARY: $16.00/Hour to Include Benefits
*Position only open to applicants between the ages of 18 – 24 years of age due to funding requirements*
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Youth Internship individuals will be responsible for assisting the housing carpenters to complete maintenance/renovations for band and Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) housing units. Reporting directly to the Housing Coordinator, the Youth Internship workers will work to gain experience and knowledge in housing construction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Kahkewistahaw First Nation housing department to complete maintenance and renovations.
- Keep the site foreman fully advised of any housing needs and conditions.
- Ensure completion of tasks within the construction schedule, maintain inventory list of materials specific to construction.
- Strong public relations skills.
- Knowledgeable with construction and tool safety.
- Comply with all of the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Policies and Procedures.
- Must punch in and out to confirm workdays and comply with the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Employment Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Assume any other duties as may be assigned by the Housing Coordinator and Supervisor/Foreman.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be between the age of 18-24 years, funding is through the CMHC Housing Internship program for First Nations Indian & Inuit Youth Programming.
- Possess excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- Be of a pleasant and professional manner as well as being punctual and reliable.
- Ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Be able to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Possess a working knowledge of First Nation housing programs and services.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle would be an asset.
- Must provide 3 (three) current references along with an updated typed resume.
- Submit an updated Criminal Records Check (CPIC) with your application employment.
- Must provide a drug screening test if selected for the position.
Human Resource Manager Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609
BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
Please ensure you have all the required documentation to support your application for employment.