Position: Human Resource Assistant
Classification: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Based on Qualifications
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are looking to employ a Human Resource (HR) Assistant with outstanding administrative and communication skills. They must be reliable and should accurately follow instructions with the ability to multitask and acclimatize in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, the HR Assistant should display remarkable conflict management and decision-making skills with a solid understanding of employee relationships. Candidates will be superb at problem-solving, efficient in scheduling and precise in the recruitment process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting with the day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Providing clerical and administrative support to Human Resource Manager.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintaining current HR files and databases.
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Assist with the recruitment process.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and evaluations.
- Perform orientations, evaluations and update records of new staff.
- Communicating clearly, both in writing and verbally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Prioritizing and planning work activities as to use time efficiently while managing a high volume, diverse workload.
- Multitasking; being able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ensuring standard specifications are met, including high-level proofreading.
- Being able to create organizational charts, reports and other documents
REQUIRED SKILLS. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Possess a grade 12 or equivalent with 2+ years work experience in the administrative office.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills to effectively deal with band members, employees, external agencies and Chief and Council.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel and other computer programs.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Highly motivated and ability to work in demanding and fast paced work environment.
- Be punctual, dependable and be willing to take direction.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Must provide three (3) current written references along with updated resume.
- Submit a current up-to-date criminal record check (CPIC).
- Must provide a drug screening test if selected for the position.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
SUBMIT TO: Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
*Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview.