POSITION: LOCAL LABOUR COORDINATOR
CLASSIFICATION: TERM – 1 YEAR
WAGE: BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Local Labour Coordinator will act as the contact person for local content purposes for the general contractors for the Kahkewistahaw Governance and Administration Centre Project. This person will provide information to the general contractors on local content available in the Community. The Local Labour Coordinator would be responsible to gather names, resumes, qualifications, information, etc. for the below items and provide this information to the contractor(s) when requested. All local labourers who are interested in working on the project will provide their information to the Local Labour Coordinator. The local labourers will not be able to approach the contractor directly for work. The Local Labour Coordinator would be responsible to determine who qualifies as a local labourer.
Information would need to be gathered on the following items:
Labourers (general, semi-skilled, journeyman)
• Local contractors,
• Security workers,
• Local equipment and rates,
• Local materials
During the tender period, the potential contractors will be requesting general information on the available local content for them to provide a local content commitment in their bid. They may also request information on any local contractors who could act as subcontractors.
During construction, the successful contractor will contact the Local Labour Coordinator and request specific information at various stages throughout construction when they are interested in utilizing local content. This information will include all of the items listed above.
During all stages of the project the Local Labour Coordinator will need to be able to respond to enquiries from the contractors in a timely manner.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess a minimum of Grade 12, some post-secondary education and/or trades experience would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Strong leadership and conflict management skills.
- Must bring a positive attitude and be of a pleasant, courteous and professional manner as well as being punctual, reliable and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, possess excellent time management skills, take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong leadership skills and be able to monitor the progress of projects.
- Certificates in First Aid and CPR.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle.
- Must provide three (3) current written references along with resume.
- Submit a current Criminal Records Check.
- Must provide a drug screening test if selected for the position.
Thursday, May 14, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609
BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201