Position: Maintenance Assistant Trainee
Classification: Permanent, Full-Time
Department: Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School
Salary: Based on Qualifications
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Assistant Trainee shall work for the Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School under the guidance and direction of the Principal and/or Maintenance Supervisor. The duties of the Maintenance Assistant Trainee shall be those that are normally associated with the general care and maintenance of the school buildings, equipment, grounds, and gymnasium.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the periodic jobs associated with the mechanical/electrical maintenance and plumbing of the Chief Kahkewistahaw Community School.
- Perform minor maintenance of school equipment.
- Keep the building and grounds properly maintained in an attractive and safe condition at all times.
- Remove snow, ice or any other accumulations from fire exits, walks, chimneys and intake/exhaust fans.
- Pick up and remove garbage to appropriate areas as requested.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the upkeep of the CKCS vans and school busses.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ensure equipment and the facilities are safe, clean and well maintained at all times.
- Follow all emergency procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team setting and be a team player.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with students and staff.
- Must be flexible, knowledgeable and adaptable to a changing work schedule.
- Maintain the confidentially of the children, staff and school.
- Possess a grade 12 and have an understanding of the maintenance and care of large buildings.
- Certificate in First Aid and CPR.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and own a reliable vehicle would be an asset.
- Must be prepared to sign an Oath of Confidentiality.
- Help to provide a safe and positive environment in the workplace.
- Must bring a positive attitude and be of a pleasant, courteous and professional manner as well as being punctual, a team player and reliable.
- Ensure that confidential matters remain confidential and be willing to sign an oath of confidentiality and oath of employment.
- Must provide three (3) written references along with resume.
- Submit a current vulnerable sector check.
- Must provide a drug screening test if selected for the position.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
SUBMIT TO: Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
*Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview.