DEADLINE: Friday, September 18, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
POSITION: Membership Assistant
WAGE RANGE: Based on Qualifications
CLASSIFICATION: Term: Current – 26 Weeks
*Position only open to applicants between the ages of 18 – 24 years old as part of funding requirements*
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are looking to employ a Membership Assistant with outstanding administrative and communication skills. They must be reliable and should accurately follow instructions with the ability to multitask and acclimatize in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, the Membership Assistant should display remarkable conflict management and organizational skills with a solid understanding of the Membership Code.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process applications and ensuring all applications are in compliance with Kahkewistahaw First Nation Membership Code.
- Assisting the Membership Committee in the planning and coordination of Band Membership information sessions and band meetings.
- Maintain a general filing system in chronological and alphabetical order.
- Ensure that the privacy of the potential and existing Band Membership is maintained according to the ‘Privacy Act of Canada’
- Plan and organize meetings for the Membership Committee.
- Record and transcribe minutes of Membership Committee meetings.
- Assist in the Kahkewistahaw First Nation Treaty day activities.
- Maintain and updating the protected Band Membership list of addresses Data-Base for internal and external use.
- Communicating clearly, both in writing and verbally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Prioritizing and planning work activities as to use time efficiently while managing a high volume, diverse workload.
- Multitasking; being able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Must be of a pleasant, professional manner as well as being punctual, reliable, well organized and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
- Must possess the ability to operate a computer and be familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, and data base software.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both oral and written in order to effectively deal with the Portfolio Councillor, Membership Clerk, Membership Committee, Band Members, and co-workers.
- Must be well organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to understand the Membership Code and Election Act.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Must provide three (3) current written references along with updated resume.
- Submit a current up-to-date criminal record check (CPIC) and drug screen test, if selected for position.
Human Resource Manager
Kahkewistahaw First Nation
P.O. Box 609 BROADVIEW, SK S0G-0K0
Phone: (306) 696-3291 Ext. #226
Fax: (306) 696-3201
Applicants who do not submit the above noted information will not be selected for an interview.