Position: Trust Lands Assistant – Kahkewistahaw 1907 Trust Office
Salary: Negotiable (depending on qualifications and budget permitting)
Classification: Permanent Position
The Kahkewistahaw 1907 Trust office has an opening for a Trust Lands Assistant. The Trust Lands Assistant is under the immediate supervision of the Trust Lands Officer and the Trust Coordinator. The Lands Assistant provides administrative, technical, practical and functional assistance and support for land use, land management, land improvements, land protection, and associated services for the Kahkewistahaw 1907 Specific Claim Trust.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support to the Trust Lands Officer on lease management with respect to monitoring and compliance of grazing, agriculture and haying leases.
- Communicate effectively and with lessees as it relates to general inquiries including monitoring and compliance of lease conditions.
- Provides support to the Trust Lands Officer in the planning and preparation of meetings.
- Monitor pasture and range conditions, water sources and accurately record for recommendation to alleviate any current or future concerns.
- Prepare work orders to build and repair existing fences; includes gates and braces according to the Trust fencing specification; transport materials to and from job sites.
- Experience in checking/moving livestock, either with a truck or A TV.
- Receive, ship, move and sort livestock as required utilizing low stress livestock handling technique.
- Accurately count and record livestock intake and outtake numbers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all vehicles/equipmenUtrailer/post pounder/loading chute/power and manual tools/water troughs are cleaned, mechanically maintained and maintenance history is logged.
- Maintain and clean storage building and storage yard.
- Any such duties assigned by the immediate supervisor or Trustees.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of office terminology, procedures, equipment and computer programs
- Ability to prepare and present requested information to office staff, Trustees, Chief and Council.
- Ability to reference, apply and implement Kahkewistahaw business policies and regulations.
- Familiar with Information Services Corporation (research lands, extracting title information).
- Research lands for sale, inquire with sellers/vendors; prepare documents for property review.
- Working knowledge/demonstrated ability to deal effectively with potentially hostile, demanding individuals and respond in a calm, tactful manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written with co-workers, Trustees, Band Members, lessees and all levels of government and the public.
- Ability to type and proofread; ability to research, analyze and interpret data and maps.
- Must be physically fit because the job requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, running, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions; ability to adapt to changing inside and outside weather conditions including cold, heat, noise, hazards and atmospheric conditions.
- Must be able to maintain, manage and operated equipment in a safe prudent manner – standard transmission, truck and trailers, ATV.
- Must be able to transport, handle and operate equipment and machinery.
- Must have full knowledge of livestock and handle livestock skillfully and safely.
- Must be willing to take safety training, as required.
- Must provide your own work boots, hammer and clay, fencing pliers.
- Field work experience would be a definite asset; translate observations from the field tot eh office.
- Office work experience would be a definite asset; computing and preparing information to present.
- Knowledge of reserve creation and addition to reserve is considered a valuable asset.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle would also be an asset.
- Provide a cover letter, detailed resume with the following documents and dated within 14 days of the application date.
- Three (3) current written references (dated within the last two (2) years).
Application deadline: THURSDAY JULY 9, 2020 @ 12:00 PM (Noon)
Submit resumes by hand, mail, facsimile or email to:
Marlous Louison, Trust Coordinator
Kahkewistahaw 1907 Specific Claim Trust
P.O. Box 910
S0G 0K0 Fax: (306) 696-2775
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please mark the envelope “Personal and Confidential”.